ThermiVa™ – Non-Surgical Vaginal Rejuvenation
How does ThermiVa work?
ThermiVa safely transfers heat via radiofrequency to affected tissues, in this case being the external and internal vaginal tissues. It does no damage to the skin as the heat is directed to deeper tissue layer. Radiofrequency treatments have long been used for muscle and tissue healing by promoting new collagen production which leads to softer, tighter tissues. This therapy can also be used for facial skin tightening and wrinkle reduction.
ThermiVa will treat:
- Vaginal Looseness: treatments may tighten the vaginal canal if needed. For mild prolapse, this may be an option to a surgical procedure.
- Labia Looseness: treatments may tighten the labia majora if loose and saggy. This will give a more youthful appearance to the external vagina.
- Vaginal Dryness and pain: treatments may promote internal and external vaginal moisture. This is especially useful in postmenopausal patients who do not want to or cannot use estrogen replacement.
- Mild Incontinence:treatments may lessen urine leakage and the urge to go symptoms.
- Problems with Sexual Sensation: treatments may increase sensitivity, cause stronger vaginal contractions, and quicker orgasms.
More details about the ThermiVa Treatments.
- 15-25 minute office procedure
- No preparation needed, no anesthesia (general or local)
- Treats both labia and vagina in under 30 minutes (can choose to treat labia and/or vagina)
- Promotes tightening of vulvovaginal tissues
- Promotes new collagen formation
- Tighter skin
- Softer and smoother skin
- Temperature controlled heat -set to patient comfort level
- Very comfortable warmth
- Thin handpiece (no bulky uncomfortable device inserted)
- No lasers! No cutting! No sutures!
- No Downtime or recovery period
- No Discharge
- Disposable single use hand piece (new handpiece each time)
- Very affordable
- Can be performed as early as 6 weeks after giving birth
- Helps with dryness of the vagina
- Increases moisture and comfort (before, during, after sex)
- Reduced labial irritation
- Helps reduce:
- Stress incontinence
- Reduction in leaking with physical activity
- Reduces urgency symptoms
- May promote better orgasms (Clitoral and G-Spot)
- Treatment effects last 9-12 months
- Most patients get the best results after 3 initial treatments
- Maintenance treatments (1) may be needed only once a year
- Possible uncomfortable heat
- Burns (None seen in any case data)
- Vaginal opening and canal too tight (5-8%)
- No benefit (less than 5%)
ThermiVa treatments cannot be compared to surgical vaginal rejuvenation and labiaplasty. ThermiVa is non-surgical and there is no recovery period. Treatment results last 9 to 24 months.
Please visit the ThermiVa Before and After Photo / Video Gallery page to view real patient results.
Please call or email me to schedule a consultation either via telephone or at my office to discuss your options.
Urology Clinics of North Texas
10501 North Central Expressway
Suite 200 Dallas, Texas 75231